WSU’s College Affordability Programs
The past year tested WSU students everywhere in many ways. Work opportunities that financed college were lost, new educational expenses emerged due to distance learning, and family financial hardships became crises overnight. Through these challenges, Cougs showed the resilience for which they are known. They were supported by our generous community—a community that believes financial circumstances shouldn’t prevent someone’s aspiration for a college education.
The programs listed below provide student funds exclusively for educational expenses, thereby supporting WSU’s core mission. These opportunities, both central and system-wide, are available to students on all WSU campuses, regardless of their major. In addition, they only support students’ unmet needs—the educational costs their financial aid doesn’t cover. Please join us in supporting the next generation of alumni and leaders.
Invest in Cougs
Provides matching funds and financial education for students saving for college, through a shared investment in their future. Donor contributions are matched by WSU.
Crimson Community Grants
Crimson Community Grants provides emergency grant aid between $200 and $1000 for academic expenses to students who need to leave school, as the result of a short-term financial crises. CCG also provides peer-to-peer mentoring, post-emergency advising, individualized budgeting, and resources based on the student’s situation, in order to promote lasting financial wellness.
If you would like to support the academic needs of a specific community of students, we have programs, scholarships, and emergency aid for:
- Former foster youth students at WSU Donate Here
- WSU students who are experiencing homelessness Donate Here
- High-achieving students from low-income backgrounds participating in CSF Achievers at WSU Donate Here
- Low-income and first-generation students transitioning to college through the Cougs Rise program Donate Here
- The following communities are supported through the OAE Excellence fund: Donate Here
- Low-income and first-generation WSU students pursuing a teaching degree
- Lower-income and first-generation WSU students pursuing a STEM degree
- Veteran and other military-affiliated students at WSU
Learn More about our Programs!
Don't Forget to Spread the Word!
You can also make a major impact by spreading the word via social media, e-mail, text, and word of mouth!
Share this address: www.cougsgive.wsu.edu/provost with #CougsGive and encourage your family and friends to make a donation. Go Cougs!